Beatie Wolfe's third album Raw Space is released as the world's first live 360˚ AR album stream from the quietest room on earth. This enhanced streaming format was pioneered by Wolfe as a way of recapturing some of the old-school magic of music, its tangibility and artwork. The music of Raw Space has been described as raw, gritty and edgy, with the opening track, 'Little Moth', written in tribute to Elliott Smith
The Raw space Experience
The WORLD'S FIRST live 360˚ ar stream - A “FANTASIA” EXPERIENCE FOR THE ALBUM IN THE STREAMING AGE
Beatie Wolfe's Story So Far...
“With a voice that can carry off husky intros and belting climaxes” (The Independent) and hooky rhythmic guitar which fuses folk with 90s grunge, Beatie Wolfe is an Anglo-American singer songwriter hailed as the definition of a 21st century artist with a truly classic sound. Described by GQ as "mesmerising melodies that envelop the listener" and by Monocle as "expertly played, beautifully sung chamber pop," Beatie Wolfe's music pulls from the brooding poeticism of Leonard Cohen and Elliott Smith and occasionally veers into Americana territory. Wolfe's live show has been hailed as “the best show we’ve been to all year” (GQ), "absolutely breathtaking" (The New York Times) and “a profound delivery of depth and soul” (BBC)
A musical innovator as much as a musician, Beatie Wolfe is at the forefront of pioneering new formats for music, which reunite tangibility, storytelling & ceremony to the album in this digital age. In this vein, Wolfe has created a series of world’s-first designs that bridge the tangible and digital, which include: a 3D vinyl for the iPhone; an intelligent album deck of cards; a Musical Jacket - designed by the tailor who dressed Bowie, Jagger and Hendrix and cut from fabric woven with Wolfe’s music - and most recently the world's first live 360 ̊ generative AR album stream
Beatie Wolfe’s work has been featured in the world’s leading museums, festivals, conferences and received nominations across the music, tech and art fields. Wolfe is also the co-founder of a “profound” (The Times) new research project looking at the power of music for people living with dementia
This Beats Blogging...
Beatie Wolfe performs to a packed house at SXSW's inaugural European Festival, Me Convention. Other performances include A$AP, Beth Ditto and Iggy Azalea
Beatie Wolfe invited to perform at SXSW's inaugural European Festival, Me Convention
Wolfe joined The Feed's Amber Mac and Michael B to talk about Raw Space
GQ, the World's definitive men's magazine, premiered Beatie Wolfe debut album
New Music Video out now
Highsnobiety profiles Buzz Aldrin, Hans Ulrich Obrist, Beatie Wolfe and Symone Sanders at Me Convention
Wolfe joins a Buddhist Monk, second person to walk on the moon and renowned curator
Beatie Wolfe joins JAZZIZ favs Bill Clinton, Jamie Cullum and Esperanza Spalding sharing her latest album 'Raw Space'
A SXSW and Mercedes Benz festival presents the Women for the Future: Beth Ditto, Beatie Wolfe, Symone D. Sanders and many more
Catch how Wolfe's following in Warhol & Rauschenberg footsteps
Leaving my mark on the anechoic chamber... knowing it would hold my secret!
So good to see the physical copy of The New Scientist writing about #RawSpace
Rehearsing board the "Just Love" (Jacques Cousteau's old boat) somewhere on the Pacific...
SoCal's largest indie station ask Wolfe into talk about Raw Space
Beatie Wolfe at Nokia Bell Labs: Art Meets Technology in an Extraordinary Performance
Amazing to be in Amazon Music US 'Best of the Month' for #RawSpace 'Pure Being'
Read Beatie Wolfe's interview with Spindle Magazine about Raw Space, songwriting and the new music + VR video for 'Pure Being'
Join Hoxton Radio's Paul Hanford interview Beatie Wolfe for his weekly selection of the freshest new underground and emerging sounds on the planet.
Awesome to have 'Pure Being', the new single from Raw Space, spun on KCRW by the kick-ass Jason Kramer. Out Friday!
Beatie Wolfe gives a keynote at UCLA on Raw Space
Little Moth the 1st track off Raw Space is in YouTube's 'Best of'
Hear Bobby Owsinski conversation with Beatie Wolfe
What is like to sing in room without echoes? Listen to the new Nokia Bell Labs Future Human podcast to find out Raw Space
Airbnb hosts Beatie Wolfe's West Coast Raw Space launch
If you were one of the roughly 10,000 people who attended
Spindle Selects: Little Moth by Beatie Wolfe as track of the week
AR brings ceremony to Beatie Wolfe’s Raw Space from Bell Labs’ room without echoes
The new record from the majestically brilliant Beatie Wolfe isn't just one of the best albums you will hear this year.
A piece on Beatie Wolfe by Portugal's leading newspaper
VR Focus on why Beatie Wolfe's Raw Space is the "real deal"
- GQ Magazine - "Wolfe enraptured us with her smoky, captivating melodies about love and loss - the best concert this year! "
- The Independent - "A striking woman with a confident guitar style and a voice that can carry off husky intros and belting climaxes, Wolfe is absolutely mesmerising"
- Monocle Magazine - "Montagu Square is a well made, expertly played, beautifully sung flip-it-over-and-play-again-album"
- Recode - "Wolfe is a pioneer in finding ways to use technology to connect to her fans"
- High Snobriety - "Beatie Wolfe balances the timeless romantic song-craft of her music with distribution methods that have attracted a salivating tech community... reshaping the very concept of what an album can be"
- BBC Radio 4 - "Beautiful music, words… like Leonard Cohen but laced with optimism"
- Sky News - "The British singer songwriter who’s at the cutting edge"
- Forbes - "Beatie Wolfe is an artist with a capital A!"
- Huffington Post - "Beatie’s music is refreshingly low-fi and honest. It’s storytelling - no bells and whistles"
- Mark Ellen (MOJO/Q/Word) - "Beatie’s music is terrific - the songs, lyrics, vocals, arrangements... all incredible"
- Wired Magazine - "Beatie creates highly innovative concepts that reinvent how the audience engages with her music and beautifully bring to life her captivating folk sounds"
- KCRW - "The amazing and prolific Beatie Wolfe"